DRY EYE DOESN’T HAVE TO AFFECT YOUR DAILY LIFE
Get Personalized Dry Eye Treatments from Missouri Eye Consultants
DRY EYE IS AS COMMON AS IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE — AND WE CAN HELP
Experts estimate that somewhere between 16 and 49 million Americans suffer from dry eye disease: up to 15% of the population.1 If your eyes feel itchy, watery, gritty, or stingy, you’re not alone — and you don’t have to accept your dry eye. You should go to an eye doctor for help!
But before you choose just any optometrist, consider this. Tears are made up of three components: water, mucus, and oil. You want an eye doctor who can tell which of these ingredients your tears are lacking, and why you’re low on it. Otherwise, all their solutions may be only temporary.
That’s where we come in. At Missouri Eye Consultants, we have the technology to diagnose the unique causes of your dry eye case, and the treatments to provide fast relief and lasting results.
YOU DESERVE COMFORT.
GET DRY EYE TREATMENT TODAY!
WHY CHOOSE MISSOURI EYE CONSULTANTS
Missouri Eye Consultants has been trusted as our communities’ eye care partner for more than 50 years. By offering a wide range of services in each practice, we can easily accommodate all your optical and medical needs in one place — and dry eye is no exception. Our advanced technology lets us diagnose the specific causes of your dry eye, and our doctors take the time to customize a treatment plan: we don’t give up until we’ve brought you lasting relief and clear vision, with solutions that fit your lifestyle.
OUR TREATMENT OPTIONS
Once we’ve identified the root causes of your dry eye, we can take action with one, or a combination, of these proven treatments:
- Lifestyle changes: We can help you make small but meaningful changes to your habits, diet, and eyewear to improve your tear health.
- Eye health supplements: There are a variety of supplements that can improve your tear and overall eye health and function. These often include omega-3 fatty acids or vitamin A.v
- Dry eye drops & artificial tears: With a variety of dry eye drops and artificial tears on the market, both prescribed and over-the-counter, our eye doctors can match you with the best drops for you.
- Warm compresses: Many dry eye cases start with clogged meibomian glands on the eyelids, which secrete oil necessary for tears. Warming these glands can improve their function.
- Specialty lenses: If your eyes aren’t naturally supporting a healthy tear film, certain specialized contact lenses can create a tear reservoir on your eyes to keep them hydrated.
- iLux®: This in-office treatment gently heats the eyelid with thermal pulses to release oils trapped in the meibomian glands, which improves how long tears stay on the eye.