Dry Eye Doctors
What is Dry Eye?
Symptoms of Dry Eye
- Dry, irritated, or scratchy eyes
- Red or bloodshot eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Trouble seeing or driving at night
- Blurry vision
- A stinging mucus in your eyes
Why Choose Missouri Eye Consultants for Dry Eye?
Anytime you visit Missouri Eye Consultants, you’ll be treated by a local team of experts who always take the time to learn about you — and, if you have dry eye, how it has affected your quality of life. Using our advanced diagnostic technology, we’ll examine your eyes to determine what is causing your dry eye and prescribe one of a number of dry eye treatments to give you meaningful relief.
Dry Eye Treatment Options
After assessing your eyes, our doctors will provide one, or a combination, of these treatments:
- Artificial tears: over-the-counter artificial tears quickly provide hydration for your eyes, relieving uncomfortable symptoms.
- Eyelid hygiene and masks: warm compresses and specialty wipes keep your eye area clean and prevent some forms of dry eye.
- Prescription eye drops: stronger than artificial tears, these provide powerful relief for more severe dry eye cases.
- Punctal plugs: microscopic devices placed into the tear ducts, these slow drainage to help your eyes retain a tear film.
- Other in-office treatments: depending on the cause of your dry eye, we can treat your condition with high-tech devices on-site for the most effective management.
“My experience with Missouri Eye Consultants was very good. They are very professional and take care of all patients with individual care. Appreciate their attention to detail and treated me with respect and my surgery was excellent.”
“Excellent experience in every way. I’ve been going to Missouri Eye Consultants since 1986. I feel like I receive state of the art eye exams. Even though I’ve moved to Lee’s Summit, Missouri, I will stay with Missouri Eye Consultants.”
“My family and I have been going to Missouri Eye Consultants for a long time and have always been happy with our visit. If something goes wrong they go out of their way to make it right.”
“Professional and courteous welcome and it continued throughout my visit. I appreciate the explanation of each test and the the quickness in which each step was taken. I feel very comfortable asking questions and never feel my questions are not pertinent to my care.”
“My daughter and I went to get our yearly exams. The amazing optician up front asked if we were getting glasses and suggested we look at frames before in case we had our eyes dilated (we did), the techs were all friendly, helpful and efficient. The Doc himself was awesome and did a great job fine-tuning my prescription. Thanks! Can’t recommend these guys enough!”
“Friendly staff and doctor. Was taken in for my appointment on time. There was no pressure to buy new glasses since my current ones were in good shape and my prescription was about the same. Very pleased.”